Friday, October 22, 2010

Compostiton # 3

Conflicts can explain many things in life such as disagreement; between individuals, groups, or organizations. Most conflicts are done to reach an agreement. It can change the relationships between two people or groups in a negative or a positive way. Conflicts might help individuals or groups understand their mistakes. Conflicts can also benefit witnesses, because they can learn from the mistakes of others.

One of the conflict that I remember was a few years ago. The conflict was between my friend and her mother. I was there when she and her mother were arguing about my friend’s report card. It said that she had missed school, and was failing some of her classes. So as a result of that, her mother refused to let her go on her summer vacation to her country. They argued back and forth about this issue, but her mother’s decision was clear about her not going. My friend as upset and angry, but I was not able to make her feel better.
           
            This conflict was resolved between them because my friend realized it was her fault for failing and that she should have tried hard, rather than cutting school with her friends. My friend apologized to her mother and told her she would do better next time. I was happy that the conflict between them was over.

            My opinion about this conflict is that her mother was right, about not letting her go for a vacation, because now my friend learned her lesson and would try to do better in school. As a witness, I felt that this conflict between them was necessary because it changed my friend’s attitude towards school in a positive way. In fact this conflict made me more aware of school and other things, so in the future I wouldn’t have to face this type of conflicts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment