Friday, November 5, 2010

Revision of Composition #4

            Sometimes we can not figure out the true value of someone, until we get to know them. Most of the time we judge people by their appearance; just like it is said “ don’t judge a book by it’s cover” we are blind at first, but later when we know more about someone, we realize their true values.

            Once in my life, I knew someone who lived in the same building as me. He was about 66 or 76 years old. He was old, chubby, and anger looking man. He lived on the 3rd floor and my family and I lived on the 4th. When ever I used to play with my sister, he would come and tell my mother to keep us quiet because we would make a lot of noise. I felt annoyed by him, because he would always complain.

            One day I saw him sitting outside by himself, looking at me and said “hi, how are you”, and I said “hi, I am fine, thank you” and so we started to talk. As we talked, I found out that he used to be a cop. He told me about his life and his experience as a cop. He also told me, when ever I play, I should play quietly or go outside and play. He said he needed rest since he had gotten old. Sometimes I used to see him around and felt bad that my sister and I made a lot of noise and then I would try not to make noises.

             I realized that he was not so mean looking person after all, and I started to see his true value. He had help and protected his community and his own family, because he was a sworn police officer, and he did his duty well as a citizen. I like the fact that he made me think about my own future. Until this day, I never judge people by the way the look but by whom they are inside. I want to help people and the communities just like him when I grow up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment